CWind is a leading provider of services to the offshore wind industry supporting the construction, operation and maintenance of wind farms in the UK and across Europe.
Since the launch of CWind in 2009, we have focused exclusively on offshore wind. This focus has allowed us to become recognised experts in our field. We are unique in our ability to team up our flexible, multi-tasking and fuel-efficient vessels with our highly skilled, well-trained and proven project solutions.
Due to expansion the Company is looking to recruit a for highly qualified (Siemens level 7) offshore wind technicians to join our teams. This role will Working as part of a small team that undertake construction work, operate and maintain the Wind Farms, undertake balance of plan, carry out scheduled, unscheduled and proactive maintenance including fault finding, repairs and trouble shooting.
You will be working offshore in all weathers and at heights of up to 100m, using heavy, complex electrical equipment, so you will demonstrate a high level commitment to Health and Safety in all aspects of your work.
- Plant control, operation and monitoring of Wind assets
- Analyse weather data and coordinate commercial dispatch
- Management of CMMS and associated works control
- Marine manifesto management
- Recording and monitoring access of staff and contractors at wind farm sites
- Electro/Mechanical problem solving of wind turbines and associated plant, with user manuals and or electronic devices to trace, repair, record issues
- Making cost/benefit decision making of changing a component before failure or allowing it to continue until complete failure
- Work at height, using heavy equipment and electricity therefore experienced in understanding all Health, Safety and Environmental considerations
- The technicians will be working offshore and are required to plan in advance what tools, spares, manpower, safety and personal planning is required for each task
- Fault finding and diagnostics of the wind turbine to determining if site repair is possible or whether unit requires exchange
- Inspection of blades and performing minor repairs as applicable then writing condition reports
- Heavy lift planning where component failure has failed catastrophically and cannot be removed using the normal method
- Support as required Project and Commercial Project managers, the MC, CTV skippers and Wind farm operators.
- During major component exchange, may be responsible for leading groups of technicians working at height
- Working safely individually and as a team
- Focus on high quality maintenance activities, doing the right job, right, first time.
- Person Specification
- Demonstrate an exemplary and flexible approach to work (either alone or as part of a small multi-disciplined team)
- Demonstrate good communication skills and cross functional working
- Have a working knowledge of plant control and monitoring systems
- Good commercial and electricity trading awareness
- Have the capacity to manage a demanding and fluctuating workload
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Assist other team members as required and promote high quality working within the team
- Work to a high standard with minimal supervision
- Own and work towards fulfilling an agreed personal development plan and demonstrate a willingness to learn
Skills and Experience
- Currently qualified to at least level 7 (with full GWO)
- An experienced Mechanical \ Electrical Craftsperson \ Technician \ Operator \ Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of wind turbine OEM and WTG blade composites, inspections and repairs.
- Knowledge of the wind industry would be an advantage but not necessary as training will be provided
- Capable of working in isolation and solving problems with an analytical approach, you will be confident at planning your own workload and capable of working well with all types of people, including industry specialists
- Naturally flexible as we operate the wind farm 24 hours a day seven days a week
- Knowledge and experience of safety rules systems both WTSR and HV
- Knowledge and experience of electronic maintenance management systems
- Full EU passport (not less than one year until expiry)
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Relationships Based on Trust,
Delivering Excellence in all we do,
Never Compromising on Safety,
Credibility in our people, our products and our solutions.
Employment Agencies: CWind operate a preferred supplier list arrangement. If you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to email@example.com.